Post new topic   Reply to topic    United Horde Forum Index -> Custom UI's & Add-ons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hebius(Joe)
Veteran
Forum Senior Sergeant

re: Joe's UI

I guarantee this will be a total work in progress for quite some time, but the initial setup is working for me right now on solo content. After writing this post I will be testing in 5 mans and LFR to see how it goes. Keep checking in and giving me feedback!

Screenshot: 

Addon's used:

ElvUI, DBM, Skada, VuhDo (not seen, only activates when in party). Also running TSM, Auctioneer and Pawn.

My idea for this set up is to have my plethora of items still on screen, but minimized and out of the way. I do use additional action bars to hold icons for mounts, food, etc... (as seen over the Right Chat Frame). Another break away I have from more mainstream UI's is that I do not like having a bag addon that combines all by bags into one. I prefer the separate bags as I am pretty OCD on how I organize everything.

Above my main action bars in the bottom center I display the reputation bar and the Artifact Power bar. At this time the AP bar appears to be bugged as it will not display the status text, and it always appears to be capped out.

Last edited by Hebius(Joe) on Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hebius(Joe)
Veteran
Forum Senior Sergeant

re: Some Updates - 4 Hours Later

Alright, so after some tweaking (and updating*) here is the post-LFR setup.

In Combat

Beautiful Night in Dalaran

I moved all of my action buttons / data bars to be over the left chat. This opened up the lower section of my screen to put in the Skada meter and my VuhDo frames. This runs really well as I have the action bar keybinds the way I like them so I don't have to reference them. The AP bar bug is fixed. More on that in the footnote. During combat this layout allows all raid warning from DBM and such to come through just fine. I believe the next step will be to look into setting up weak auras so I can better track my penance cool down. I need better tracking on this as my recently obtained legendary waist causes smite to reset my penance CD.

As always, feedback welcome!

* The initial bugs I was seeing with ElvUI were from the fact that I had an older version of it installed. The addon decided to not tell me it was out of date until I was 2 bosses into the first Night Hold LFR wing.

Last edited by Hebius(Joe) on Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hebius(Joe)
Veteran
Forum Senior Sergeant

re: Update 2: Mythic Monday

So, did a little more tweaking tonight to fine tune a few things. First, the screen cap.

So I added an extra action bar with 4 buttons that is more in my field of view to watch the cooldowns of 4 of my majorly used items with reasonable cooldowns (in the case of Penance, its because of my legendary causing a CD reset). I also added a 2nd Skada window to track Damage, in addition to healing. Finally, I got VuhDo tweaked to keep a 25 man panel in the window at all times. 

Hebius(Joe)
Veteran
Forum Senior Sergeant

re: Current Final Candidate

D I S C L A I M E R - this profile is optimized and configured at a resolution of 1920x1080. I have not tested it on any other resolutions.

Been a month, and I think I've finally gotten a configuration that I am satisfied with. This release of my UI set up plays more like a default option that can be applied to almost any character. I say almost because on my DK (who is Unholy, and as such, has a pet) I had to modify the Pet Unit Frame to satisfy my need. There are some classes with special mechanics that I have not tried this with yet (such as Durids shapeshifting, warriors stances, etc...)

In this screenshot we see my Mage just hanging out in Dalaran. You'll notice that all of the action bars, etc... have the mage class color surrounding it. This will happen to any toon you use this on (as you'll see in other pics here). One thing to note is that the Micro Bar and bag bar both only appear when you mouse over them. For the purpose of this I left them visible while taking screen shots to show their positions. The 5 button bar right under the character is used to track cool downs. There are a multitude of Addons that will do this for you, but I wasn't satisfied with any of the ones I tried (Sorry Druz, I didn't like TellMeWhen)

Here is a view of the ElvUI Anchors for bars and such. 

I turn off some of the skins that are applied by default. Here is a quick look at which ones are off

Here is a view from my Priest (you'll notice the new border colors)

Here is my Death Knight, with modified Pet Bar

So, now that we see this, here is a shopping list of what Addons you will need:

ElvUI - I suggest getting the TukUI client from http://www.tukui.org/dl.php. Once their client is installed just click the "Install ElvUI" button

Skada - For Damage / Healing tracking

VuhDo - I use this as a unit frame replacement. Also works perfect if you're a healer, or have utility spells (buffs, battle rezzes, etc) that can be bound to just a mouse click

UTILITY ADDONS I USE (not required)

Auctioneer, BattlePetBreedID, Coordinates, Deadly Boss Mods, PetBattle Teams, PetJournal QuickFilter, PetTracker, TradeSkillMaster, TradeSkillMaster_AppHelper, TradeSkillMaster_AuctionDB, TradeSkillMaster_Auctioning, World Quest Group Finder, Legion Invasion Timer, PAWN, mOnArs_WardrobeHelper

Profile Codes

To apply these profiles to your interface use the below links

ElvUI Profile - In your game, either hit escape then ElvUi or type /ec. When the ElvUI Options come up, click "Profile" on the Left, then click Import Profile toward the bottom on the right. Paste the code in there and press import or OK (which ever shows for you)

VuhDo Profile - open your VuhDo options, click the tools tab, then click import. Paste and save as with ElvUI.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    United Horde Forum Index -> Custom UI's & Add-ons All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: